The CRPS UK Registry database was established by the CRPS UK Clinical & Research Network in 2008 to facilitate epidemiology studies, academic and pharmaceutical clinical trials. The CRPS UK Registry data is supervised by and remains the property of the Steering Committee. Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust sponsors the Registry.
Dr Nicholas Shenker (Consultant Rheumatologist, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge) is the Registry’s Chief Investigator and is supported by members of the Network. He delivers a weekly clinic for patients to CRPS with access to physiotherapists and occupational therapists with expertise in seeing patients with this condition. As an Honorary Fellow of the University of Cambridge, Dr Shenker is involved with a number of research studies - his current collaborations include studies in the field of genetics, MRI imaging and EEG testing, and virtual reality environments. He is the lead for the British Society for Rheumatology (BSR) Musculoskeletal Pain Specialist Interest Group, and is also Chair of the Pain Management in Inflammatory Arthritis Quality Improvement Project.
For more information about how to apply to access Registry data for your study, please click HERE
The Registry Database: Facts and Figures
- Total number of patients recruited to the UK Registry – 618
- Patient follow-up data recorded on a minimum of one occasion - 541 (87% of total records held)
- Patient follow-up data recorded on a minimum of five occasions - 223 (36% of total records held)
- Breakdown of follow-up data:
|5 years - 65 patients||7 years - 35 patients||9 years - 22 patients|
|6 years - 40 patients||8 years - 24 patients||10 or more years - 37 patients|
- Number of centres who have contributed data to the registry - 10
- Number of studies currently approved to use CRPS UK Registry data – 2